Innovator, creative type, therapist, coach for motivated individuals
I’m Monica - Licensed Professional Counselor and doctoral candidate in social work at The University of Southern California (USC). Previous to becoming a counselor, I worked for many years in both private and public industry at for profit and nonprofit organizations.
When I transitioned to the social services field, I gained clinical experience in rural community mental health. I also gained experience in academic advising and career counseling at both The University of Texas at Austin and St. Edward's University.
Currently, in my private counseling practice in Austin, TX I make it a point to use evidenced-based, culturally-informed, trauma-informed care.
I am also the founder and project creator of the Wovli Project:
Some of my favorite things
- Travel: Packing up and heading out with my partner for anything from glamping to silent meditation retreats
- Music: The beauty of living in the “live music capital of the world” is the chance to spend time listening to great outdoors live music
- Quiet nights in: With my busy lifestyle, I value the simplicity of a night in to catch up on reading and relaxing with family
How I can help you
Does this sound familiar?
- You’ve become increasingly reactive to “little” things
- You struggle to control your anxiety
- Just thinking about it all and what to do next makes your brain hurt
- You’re not sure where to begin you just know that something needs to CHANGE
Your intelligence and ambition are strengths that you can rely on to pull you through, but the reactivity that surfaces when live throws a curve ball will keep you from fully enjoying your success.
That’s where coaching comes in.
I GET IT! YOU'RE NOT ALONE!
Well, while I haven’t been in your exact situation I have empathy for your struggles. I’ve gone through my own hero’s journey and can relate. I’ve decided to dedicate my life to continuing to work on myself while at the same time passing along any wisdom the wisdom I have found. I just like helping.
And you are not ALONE.